||ofi Your Business Innovation Partner
The Austrian Research Institute of Chemistry and Technology (ofi) is organized as an association. The members of the institute are mainly companies and institutions from the Austrian and European economy.
ofi is today one of the largest private research and testing institutes in Austria and thus holds an important role within the innovation system. Established in 1946, since then ofi has been a knowledgeable and flexible partner to international large-scale enterprises, numerous organizations and many SMEs. Together with these companies, we develop new products and applications while using our testing expertise to ensure the best possible quality standards for the benefit of our clients. ofi thus not only empowers its customers, but also strengthens Austria as a business location in worldwide competition.
The ofi Packaging Institute is part of the Austrian Research Institute for Chemistry and Technology and specialises in questions of material quality, packaging processes, transport, safety of packaged goods as well as finding practical solutions quickly. Packagings for foodstuffs, non-food articles, pharmaceutical products, cosmetics and many other goods have to meet specific requirements: the experts at ofi Packaging Institute may contribute specialised know-how in these fields.
Research & Development - Taking your idea to market
Applied co-operative research for customers from all over Europe is part of our daily business. In the last years, new added research capacity has established ofi as one of the leading creative powerhouses in Austria.
We focus on providing answers to practice-oriented questions while collaborating closely with our clients, business partners and universities. Our integrated project management services include idea engineering, acquisition of public funds and the product market entry. We always strive to leverage synergies between our clients technology and our own R&D experience. The results are new or enhanced products, processes and services with immediate market potential.
Our services include:
- consulting on packagings for foodstuffs and non-food articles;
- contract research and development of innovative packaging solutions for specific purposes;
- individual client and industry projects in the R&D sector;
- establishing customised quality assurance systems;
- drawing up practical specifications;
- expert opinions and damage appraisal for packaging materials and packagings;
- packaging tests;
- assessment of plastics utensils regarding compliance with food legislation;
- audits according to IFS, BRC, BRC/IoP, FEFCO GMP;
- events and training courses, e.g., impackt (Austrian packaging conference).
- Know-how, information and service, other
- Training and education